Thursday, December 27, 2012

December 28

On Friday, I thought it would be a good idea to clean out the guinea pig cage and perhaps give them their first baths. Now, I'd never given a guinea pig a bath before, but I figured it might be prime time seeing as they've been running around in their own droppings for the past seven days.

DSC_0072

Here's Marty getting his first soak.  I think it's safe to say that it scared the you-know-what out of the little guy ... literally. By the time he was finished, there were no less than 20 poops floating in the water.

DSC_0073

Once he was bathed and brushed, I wrapped him gently in a towel and clipped his little claws because they were very long and very uncomfortable for whomever was holding him.  "Clipping rodent claws" is now something that I can add to my resume.  Also, something that I never imagined myself doing in my lifetime.

DSC_0075

Oh, but just think of the places I might go in my career with that newly established ability!

3 comments:

  1. They will poop a LOT when you first start bathing them! Once they get used to it, they won't poop nearly as much. Our little guy is 18 months old and he doesn't poop at all anymore when he gets bathed. Same with pooping when they are out of their cage. At first ours pooped nonstop when he was out of his cage, but now he never poops unless the kids leave him out for a long time. And yes...clipping those little nails is definitely a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. Cute! I have to give my kitty a bath at least once a week. Luckily no poops floating around. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. blah!!!! LOL! not for me, not for me...will definitely resist the guinea pig bug. Thankfully we have a neighbor who asks us to feed hers when she's on vacation. : )

    ReplyDelete