Tuesday, December 18, 2012

December 18

Making Christmas cookies with the children.  My oh my, how far we've come. These pictures were taken back in the day when we'd go through two full shakers of sprinkles on four cookies...

100_5853

100_5854

These days, we don't even polish off one full shaker on a dozen.  Today, I just needed to be present to help take the cookies in and out of the oven. The rest of the handiwork (including making the dough that they completed almost entirely by themselves), was fully orchestrated by the children.

DSC_0153

(This is where Louie spends much of his day, gazing longingly at the squirrels scurrying around our backyard. You better believe I'll get you one day ... just when you least expect it!) 

DSC_0156

DSC_0157

I think he saw the glimmer in my eye, that clearly said...

DSC_0160

"Mommy loves her some sugar cookies. You better believe I'll get you one day... just when you least expect it!" 

3 comments:

  1. Where did you learn to do that? I never made a Christmas cookie in my life. That is on my "to do " list and now I can ask the children for help.
    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure where I learned to do that ... I think my ability to bake comes from Beth and Aunt Grace. What I really wish, though, is that I could COOK like you. Honestly, how you can look in a barren panty and whip up a delicious feast, that everyone raves about and you had NO IDEA (?!) how you created, is beyond me. I'd trade my ability to make sugar cookies for that skill any day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our dog is the same way. He lives for s
    Squirrel hunting! Your cookies look great! Such adorable helpers.

    ReplyDelete