Thursday, December 13, 2012

December 13

I've seen this video clip several times, and every time it takes my breath away.



In my opinion, everything about this is perfect. The heavenly voices = perfect.  The looks of confusion, astonishment and then pure wonder on the faces of the people that are there and who slowly realize what's going on = perfect.  The sheer awesomeness that humans possess to come together and create something good = perfect.

While I would have loved to be a part of this magical moment, it's probably a good thing I wasn't there because I wouldn't have been able to stop myself from standing up and singing along. If that had happened, in the midst of these beautiful voices, you would have heard a noise that sounded like a trapped mouse. And.... that would've been me. 

5 comments:

  1. You can sing this! Remember from whence you come. Your Grandmother was a Opera singer---before she married. I happen to love Handel's music and have the Messiah blaring on my Bose that y'all gave me every day in this season. If you look, you may even find that that the Handel society is performing The Messiah in your area and I hope you can get a chance to go. In Lincoln, I went and they gave us all music to sing along and it was wonderful.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. For whatever reason, that makes me cry. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom, you're right - I CAN sing this, in fact I know the words. But I don't think Nana's vocals were passed down the family line to me. They might have stopped with you and Aunt Grace!!

    Charlie and I went to see The Messiah a few years ago and it was beautiful. But after nearly an hour and a half of the singing - we realized we'd be happy just hearing the 4.5 minute segment that shows up in this clip.

    Safe travels tomorrow. Please call us when you arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cry every time I see one of these, if I were there in person I would be the one sobbing her eyes out. It is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here is another:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=G9EJaDneTkQ

    ReplyDelete