Wednesday, May 09, 2012

my oh my, time sure flies...

It was almost one year ago that I posted about my niece, Emily Rose.

Emily-1

Since that time, several people have written to ask how she is doing.  The fact is, she is doing much better. She definitely had her struggles last summer following her near fatal bicycle accident and severe head trauma, followed by critically low potassium levels and a pulmonary embolism.

But, in the early fall, she returned to her California University as a sophomore and resumed her spot on the women's golf team.  Today, she turns 20-years old. As her former nanny, I cannot believe how fast the time has gone. It seems like just last month, I received that early morning call from my big sister who told me that her first baby was here and she was in love. Twenty years later, we are so very glad that she is still here with us.

Happy Birthday Sweet Emily!


8354_4978_372

Your future is so bright.