Friday, April 06, 2012

manhattan skyline

We took off last weekend for Spring Break. I wouldn't necessarily call it a vacation ... it's more like "Taking the Show on the Road" but this has been an awesome reprieve, nonetheless.

Overlooking the Manhattan skyline.

DSC_0139

It was such a different experience being there. I never thought it would be possible that I could feel more grief over what happened in this exact location, 125 months ago. This is the first time I've been to Manhattan since 9-11 and it was difficult to tell if the primary reason I was covered in goosebumps was due to temperatures in the low 50's with a bone chilling wind ... or because this was my first hand experience of actually seeing the city skyline devoid of the twin towers for the first time.

DSC_0099

There is definitely a lot of rebuilding going on. The world is moving forward, as it should.


DSC_0195

As it must.