Thursday, December 15, 2011

T-10

We went back to the doctor today and our sweet Elizabeth was diagnosed with pneumonia. The doctor has bumped up her medication and is also requiring nebulizer treatments, every four hours. Fortunately, we already own a nebulizer because of my pneumonia bout earlier in the year. There's no question, our 16-months in Virginia have been challenging, from a health perspective. At this moment, Charlie's only talked about returning to what he calls, "Pneumonia-Free California" 25 times today. I thought for sure there would have been a FOR SALE sign up in the yard.

IMG_2036

The current tally is four cases of bronchitis, three cases of sinusitis, two ear infections, one case of pneumonia and a Partridge in a Pear Tree. As such, this is what I'll be administering for the next week and a half to the children...

IMG_2035

(Oops. I think we cleared the pharmacy out of amoxicillin.)

I'll be out of work for the rest of the year and my laser-beam focus is on restoring this family to good health. Today, in between running back and forth to follow-up doctor appointments and the pharmacy, and dragging my juicer out of storage, I stopped by Starbucks to pick up Christmas presents for all the children's teachers. I'd wanted to do something more personal and crafty, but in the end, convenience won out. And who doesn't love Starbucks?

We settled on these cool mugs and a gift card to fill the mugs up...

IMG_0003

IMG_0004

Here's Henry giving his present to his beloved preschool teacher. She is kind and patient and artsy and pretty ... and she even smells nice. She is everything a preschool teacher should be and more. Henry didn't go to school today, but when he heard that I was dropping past, he insisted on coming along. I snapped the photo just as he was launching in to one of his coughing fits.

IMG_0007

Please note how he is coughing in to his elbow.

We're nothing if not conscientious.