Tuesday, August 30, 2011

twenty sixth

Number 26 ...

The smallest ceiling fan I've ever seen in my life.

IMG_0027

I really love ceiling fans.

They circulate air and help keep things cool in the summer and warmer in the winter.

This is the fan that Elizabeth wanted for the girls' room. I had a little something else in mind, but she went shopping with her father and guess what they got?

IMG_0989

Yes sweetheart ... OF COURSE I'LL BUY YOU A PONY!

We, and by "we" I mean Charlie, have replaced all the bedroom light fixtures with fans. All the bedrooms, except the boys. Because the boys' bedroom is the smallest bedroom in the house and seeing as they have a ladder leading to a bunk bed - and I rather like my boys - I'd prefer that they not be nailed in the head with a fan blade when climbing up or down.

IMG_0026

After sweltering through much of the summer, we finally found a fan that worked in this small space.

IMG_0025

The blades are less than eight-inches long but wow does it move. I'd say that it actually works better to cool the air than any other fan in the house. It must have a Napoleon complex or something, because every time I walk past the room, I feel the need to wear a sweater, scarf and hat.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete