Friday, April 29, 2011

spring time in virginia

A few weeks ago, all the trees were barren.

And then, slowly...

DSC_0184

Blooms began to emerge.

DSC_0185

In waves they appeared. First there was the forsythia and daffodils...

DSC_0203

And then there were the magnolias ...

DSC_0051

AND THEN, there were the breathtaking cherry blossoms (at least I think that's what these are?) that just like the Fall foliage, made me nearly crash my car on my drives around town.

DSC_0133

DSC_0132

I honestly didn't think anything could rival the beauty of Fall, until I saw the Spring blossoms.

DSC_0142

They literally take my breath away. Although the reason I might be having such a difficult time breathing could also have to do with the tons of pollen in the air...

DSC_0140

Dainty dogwoods!

DSC_0134

Vibrant!

DSC_0115

These look like delicate little hearts...

DSC_0128

Picturesque!

DSC_0121

Lovely...

DSC_0116

Divine...

DSC_0099

Everywhere I look, the vibrant growth is more beautiful than what I just saw before...

DSC_0106

Well, except here.

DSC_0105

"Leaves of three, let 'em be!"

Then again, I'm not absolutely certain that's poison ivy. It would probably serve us well if we actually found out since there are sprigs of it all over the lower portion of our yard.