Thursday, January 07, 2010

maybe we should just call him fido

One of my good friends from college wrote me an e-mail yesterday.

It read, "I recommended your blog to a friend. She loves it but ... thought Henry must have been a pet since his name is in parenthesis. I was appalled, aghast, but in looking at the title of your page, his name does look like something of a footnote up there between those ()."

DSC_0050_2

I wrote her back, "Well ... Henry is kind of like our little pet. He chases me around and just yesterday, he licked my face. And the way he runs about the house naked - and barking like a dog - it's not really that far of a stretch. Not to mention, he growls at people he doesn't know."

Henry doesn't come when he is called, he left a puddle on our floor yesterday and for several months now, I've been trying to teach him how to sit and stay.

So, I'm thinking of changing my blog header to:

The Amazing Trips
Navigating the amazing trip of life with our amazing triplets.
(and Henry - a child, not a dog, although he could probably play one on tv.)


What do you think?

6 comments:

  1. I like the new title. I think you should run with it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious....and that picture of Henry with his "leash" is classic:) Thanks for the smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote yes. But then again, don't take advice from an Eskimo, we don't know what we're doing!

    P.S. When my kids were small, and we went to "America," I made harnesses for them, they looked like dogs. Seriously though, my village kids don't know how to be in a Mall! :) LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *Laughs* Well.. you may as well get used to it. Ya-ya did the dog thing when she was a toddler... she's almost 5 now and still growls and barks at people she doesn't know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too funny! Thanks for the good laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heh, I've always thought that the belt hoops on the back of overalls make a very good place to attach a lead in case Henry decides to play hard-to-catch. Saves money on a harness :)

    ReplyDelete