Monday, April 23, 2007

You know it's spring when:

Bunnies are frolicking in our yard...

Only sometimes do you need to wear a hat...

The jasmine and bird of paradise are in full bloom...

Flats of vibrantly colored petunias are on sale at Home Depot...

Amended soil can be found in flower beds, regular beds and on each other...

Our children are on a mission to pick and smell 98.5% of the flowers that they encounter...

Little hands enthusiastically pull up flowers that I just planted are eager to help...

My orderly mind is turned completely inside out each time handfuls of dirt are thrown on the ground and blooms are yanked off a stem - and it takes every ounce of restraint to not holler "STOP TOUCHING!!!"

Ah, yes ... spring is in the air.

If the rabbits don't kill the flowers ... I know for sure our toddlers will.

5 comments:

  1. Oh how I love Spring! Tomorrow, Shayna and I are going to Home Depot to check out that sale! Thanks! Great pictures! Those kids should be playing in the dirt - I mean their parents have advanced degrees in dirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you crack me up. I am glad you guys are getting out in the dirt...something I need to do too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bird of paradise is fabulous...

    My friend has been trying to teach her little girl that the flowers are prettier and more alive on the trees (in the dirt) than when pulled up. There's just not an argument strong enough to overrule the tactile seduction for little children, though. :) You took some beautiful pictures - that last one is precious!

    Happy spring. And remember, dirt is good for the soul. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, it may be cliche, but kids will be kids. I'm sure you've heard that a million times before. ;)

    That last picture of Elizabeth[I think] is absolutely gorgeous- front cover of a magazine material.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even after a new sand table, I am facing the same issue. But, I can't blame her since I love digging in the dirt and picking flowers myself...

    What do they think of earthworms?

    ReplyDelete