Friday, April 27, 2007

some things defy gravity

There are few things more enjoyable than a warm, sunny day at the pool. Especially when the water has been heated to 85 degrees.

And you are extremely buoyant.

I've been making it a habit to go to the pool several days a week.

Or rather, since I went Wednesday and again today, I clearly see a habit developing.

I'll swim a few laps ... teach the children to blow bubbles ... feed everyone a picnic lunch ... let the kids frolic in the showers while I drizzle shampoo on them ... get them dressed in warm, dry clothes ... and see if I can make the two minute drive home before all three are sound asleep.

Although I may defy gravity when I'm floating in the pool, our children's eyelids most definitely cannot stay up after spending a few hours there.

It's almost as if they weigh 200 pounds.

5 comments:

  1. what fun you are having! you are great and I love reading about your adventures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a blast Jen. There is nothing better than being weightless when pregnant. Plus, the whole "taking a good nap thing" is priceless!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pool several times a week? Lucky. The pools over here in Ohio doesn't open up until May. Yet ANOTHER reason NOT to leave California! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that first photo is your screen saver because it is just CLASSIC! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That first photo of you is one of the cutest things I've ever seen...and what fun times at the pool with your babies (all four of them!)...

    Darling post. Most of the time these days it's as if my body AND my eyelids weigh 200 pounds...

    ReplyDelete